This week let’s take a look at data feedback so here we go! Over 350 organizations globally participated in this year’s report. The top industry verticals high to low are as follows: Finance, Technology, Healthcare, Government, Professional Services, Non-profit, Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities, Education, Transportation, Insurance, Consumer, Materials, Real Estate, Construction.
Representing these organizations of every size, gaining perspective from a wide range of IT titles, ranging from IT admin all the way up to those in the C-suite.
The key findings around security that organizations don’t quite yet have a handle on. While a portion of organizations had many of the issues under control, on the average, 81% of organizations were concerned to some degree about a security issue.
The Up At Night issue
- Users are the primary concern for 92% of organizations. Negligent users that become phishing attack victims tops the “up at night list.
- Ensuring security is in place that meets GDPR requirements is still a challenge for 64% of organizations, despite the regulation details being out for quite some time.
- Security awareness training along with phishing testing topped the list of security initiatives 80% of organizations are needing to implement.
- Data breaches remain a rampant problem worldwide. With executives concerned about breach repercussions, this one has 95% of organizations worried.
- Attackers utilization of compromised credentials is such a common tactic, 93% of organizations are aware of the problem, but still have lots of work to do to stop it.
- Nearly every part of the success of a security strategy relies on having adequate budget, a material concern for 75% of organizations.
In my next post we will look at “What single issue around your organization’s security stands out as the greatest concern that either figuratively or literally keeps you up at night?”
Till then…..Think Before You Click!
Tina Louise ~ https://www.cloudplusservices.com ~ 888.871.6584